How to Get to Komodo?? – This question is a very important question, especially for fellow travelers who are new to Komodo National Park and want to take a tour for the first time.
Komodo National Park and Flores Island are part of the State of Indonesia. The island is located in the eastern part of Bali and Lombok. And in Komodo National Park there is a giant lizard called Komodo. Specifically, there are two main islands where Komodo Dragon lives, namely on Rinca Island and Komodo Island. Besides Komodo, on this island there are also some very interesting spots to visit, such as: Pink Beach, Padar Island, Manta Point, Gili Lawa Darat, Kanawa Island, Rinca and Komodo Village, Bidadari Island, and so on.
So how to get to Komodo and Flores Island???:
By Air Plane.
Flights to Labuan Bajo: Labuan Bajo is the main gateway to the western part of Flores Island, with the name of the airport is Komodo Airport.
- Flight From Bali – Labuan Bajo is served by 4 airlines, they are: Batik Air, Nam Air, Wings Air and Garuda Airlines
- Flight from Jakarta – Labuan Bajo is served by 2 Airlines, they are: Garuda Airline, and Batik Air.
- Flight from Lombok to Labuan Bajo is served by Wings Air.
- Flight from Surabaya to Labuan Bajo is served by Batik Air
Flight to Ende and Maumere: Ende (H. Hasan Aroeboesman Airport) and Maumere (Frans Seda airport) is the main gateway to the eastern part of Flores Island.
- Flight From Bali to Ende: By Garuda Airlines and Wings Air
- Flight from Bali to maumemre: By Wings Air, Nam Air and Garuda Airlines
By PELNI Ship
To get to Labuan Bajo, you can also use ships. And there are several ships going to Labuan Bajo every week, they are: Tilong Kabila, Binaiya, And Wilis. There is also a ferry from Sape to Labuan Bajo which serves routes every day.
For tours to Komodo and Flores Island, everything starts from Labuan Bajo, Ende or maumere, so it is very important that you have to be in this place to start your adventure to Flores Island and this beautiful Komodo National Park.